- Volunteers are vital to the work of MAECare and much of the work we do depends on volunteers. As long as you are over 18 you can volunteer at MAECare.
- Those who volunteer with us come from all sorts of backgrounds, and with all kinds of experience.
- We ask you to commit for 6 months
- There are a number of different roles at MAECare
- Volunteer Car Driver Click here for a details
- Volunteer Car Driver for people with memory loss Click here for a details
- Transport Escort Click here for a details
- Friendly Visiting Click here for a details
- Friendly visiting for people with memory loss Click here for a details
- Supporting Groups Click here for a details
Click here for a details on the Knitting Group
- Supporting Groups for people with memory loss Click here for a details
- Accompanying people on outings including wheelchair handling
- Mentoring IT skills
- Help someone to learn how to use a tablet or iPad Click here for a details
- Administration or Reception work Click here for a details
- Wellbeing Champion – helping people achieve and maintain good emotional well-being. Click here for a details
- If you have an interest that you’d like to share get in touch.
If you want to apply please fill in this Volunteer application formand send it to us.
We will then invite you to meet a staff member and a member of the management committee. We may also need to do a Disclosure and Barring Services (was previously CRB) check depending on the role that you have.
If everything goes well with your application then we will recommend you to be approved as a volunteer by the MAECare committee. This usually takes about 6 weeks.
We offer out of pocket expenses e.g. travel expenses and training is provided. We expect all volunteers to attend an induction training session and a session on Safeguarding.
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- RT Leeds inspired @LeedsInspired: Doing anything spesh for International Women’s Day? You can add it to our collection page and we tell everyone – ju… https://t.co/HnUwQcwMXT
- We attended an excellent networking event hosted by @HubsLeeds last week. Met some great people representing some a… https://t.co/OCZyAvCQXj
- RT Time to Shine @TTSLeeds: Dealing with bereavement and grief is such an important milestone for people of all ages, and especially so for old… https://t.co/j1LYY8ySCD