- Volunteers are vital to the work of MAECare and much of the work we do depends on volunteers. As long as you are over 18 you can volunteer at MAECare.
- Those who volunteer with us come from all sorts of backgrounds, and with all kinds of experience.
- We ask you to commit for 6 months
- There are a number of different roles at MAECare
- Volunteer Car Driver
- Friendly Visiting
- Supporting Groups
- Accompanying people on outings including wheelchair handling
- Mentoring IT skills
- Help someone to learn how to use a tablet or iPad
- Administration work
- If you have an interest that you’d like to share get in touch.
- Wellbeing Champion – helping people achieve and maintain good emotional well-being.
If you want to apply please fill in this Volunteer application formand send it to us.
We will then invite you to meet a staff member and a member of the management committee. We may also need to do a Disclosure and Barring Services (was previously CRB) check depending on the role that you have.
If everything goes well with your application then we will recommend you to be approved as a volunteer by the MAECare committee. This usually takes about 6 weeks.
We offer out of pocket expenses e.g. travel expenses and training is provided. We expect all volunteers to attend an induction training session and a session on Safeguarding.
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- MAECare out on the town at Brassiere Blanc. Some people not been n town at night for years https://t.co/eTHGtSb19X
- RT Writing Back Leeds @writing_back: #IWD2018: In the first year of #WritingBack (2014-15), 14 female students wrote to older local residents. Their com… https://t.co/N1SsHfSK1z
- RT SM4G @SocialMedia4G: Hi there @LEEDSMENCAP thanks for Following us! We work with some fab #charities in #Leeds including @Retasleeds… https://t.co/CDpAGhStt8