Volunteer ReceptionistJuly 16, 2019
Volunteer Role: Volunteer Receptionist
Responsible/Accountable to: Volunteer Coordinator/ Project Manager/Chair of the Management Committee
Responsible for/main tasks:
- Ensure a welcoming and responsive reception for all visitors to Number 57,
- And record their details on the daily sheets.
- Support the staff to enable them to prioritise their efforts as effectively as possible.
- Assist in promoting safe and appropriate use of the building.
- Receive and transfer telephone calls, as required.
- Inform the relevant staff member of the arrival of visiting professionals.
- Serve refreshments for meetings, as required.
- Assist with routine administrative tasks or special projects by agreement
- with staff.
- Gradually acquire knowledge about the work of other local agencies in
- order to improve effectiveness of your “information work”.
- Listen to MAECare members to ascertain their needs, and then to respond appropriately by progressing one or more of the following actions:
- Provide information and leaflets or contact details so that the member can begin to address his/her own problem.
- Pass on details of the problem to the appropriate member of staff, either straight away in person or by means of a written memo.
- Record details of the person and the problem for attention at a later date to address his/her own problem.
- To complete Induction Training under the direction of the Project
- Manager or the Volunteer Co-ordinator.
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- We’ve been getting into the #Christmas spirit today by making our own Christmas card prints. Can anyone remember ma… https://t.co/qLF3IpsFwf
- A poem about #ageing from one of our members of the #creativewriting group Let’s share and retweet and start talki… https://t.co/8xQ6UCFQQA
- RT The Tower of London @TowerOfLondon: They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the goin… https://t.co/lZsW9Bon7F