- Individual Donations are very welcome both large and small. Either send a cheque in the post payable to MAECare or call into the office.
- We now have the facility to receive donations, both individual and regular, online. Just follow the link
- Don’t forget that you can remember MAECare in your will. See the MAECare legacy leaflet for more information
- Are you enthusiastic and want to help MAECare give even more support to older people? Have you got good ideas about raising money, then you can help us with fundraising. Although we get money from large funders such as LCC and National Lottery Community Fund, these are usually for a very specific purpose, so we also need to raise money for things which are not covered by grants. We have a fundraising group, but also welcome any suggestions such as involvement in fun runs which can help us raise money.
Become a member
- Anyone over 60 who lives in the MAECare area is invited to pay a subscription to support MAECare. It also means that Outings and Activities are cheaper. In 2014-15 the subscription is £12 for a single person and £20.00 for a couple
- Volunteers are vital to the work of MAECare and much of the work we do depends on volunteers. As long as you are over 18 you can volunteer at MAECare.
- We ask you to commit for 6 months
- There are a number of different roles at MAECare
- Volunteer Car Driver
- Friendly Visiting
- Supporting Groups
- Accompanying people on outings including wheelchair handling
- Administration work
- If you have an interest that you’d like to share get in touch.
If you want to apply please fill in this Volunteer application form and send it to us.
We will then invite you to meet Wendy Headley, our Volunteer Coordinator, and a member of the management committee. We may also need to do a Disclosure and Barring Services check depending on the role that you have.
If everything goes ok with your application then we will recommend you to the committee. This usually takes about 6 weeks.
We offer out of pocket expenses e.g. travel expenses and training is provided. We expect all volunteers to attend a training session on Safeguarding.
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- This is Nadia one of our service users. Nadia is 84 and originally from Italy. She has borrowed one of the iPads le… https://t.co/eEmy0DtiTd
- RT Leeds OP Forum @LeedsOPF: Let’s burst the age bubble – and bring the generations together https://t.co/mxJ1lVvP7d
- Thank you to @CarersLeeds @beatdementia @LypftResearch @leedsdaa @LeedsOPF @alzheimerssoc for attending our… https://t.co/l8uPc4bzPB