As an example of our outgoings;
- £17 pays for an hours IT advice/help e.g. getting set up to Skype family, or Zoom, critical during Covid-19 Lockdown
- £196 pays for a weekly Activity Group including transport to attend and volunteer expenses
- £770 enables us to provide a year’s one-to-one support to someone living at home with dementia – support that means they can continue to do the things they enjoy doing and that keeps them living well.
- Individual Donations are very welcome both large and small. Either send a cheque in the post payable to MAECare or call into the office.Or you can donate via Paypal by clicking here
- Don’t forget that you can remember MAECare in your will. See the MAECare legacy leaflet for more information
Play our Lottery
- Join our new Lottery today to support local older people and be in with a chance of winning £25,000!
- How does it work?
- The draw takes place every Friday and each entry costs just £1. You will be allocated a 6-digit lottery number which is yours for as long as you play.
- The likelihood of winning a prize is 1 in 63
- You can read the rules here https://www.unitylottery.co.uk/rules/
- The lucky winners are selected at random each Saturday and all winners are notified – so there’s no need for you to claim.
- Where does my money go?
- For every £1 you spend, at least 50p comes directly to us.
- A minimum of 50% of the total lottery proceeds are spent on supporting the work carried out by MAECare, 18.4% on prizes and 31.6% on the running cost and administration of the lottery.
- You can pay for as many weekly entries as you like!
- £1/week – 1 chance to win – at least 50p towards services for local older people
- £2/week – 2 chances to win – at least £1 towards service for local older people
- And you can pay monthly, quarterly, biannually or annually.
- If you match
- 6 digits you’ll win £25,000 plus a £2,500 donation to MAECare
- 5 digits you’ll win £1,000
- 4 digits you’ll win £25
- 3 digits you’ll win 5 free entries in the next draw
- To play Sign up here https://unity.charitypayments.co.uk/play?charity=1297&plays=1
Are you enthusiastic and want to help MAECare give even more support to older people? Have you got good ideas about raising money, then you can help us with fundraising. Although we get money from large funders such as LCC and National Lottery Community Fund, these are usually for a very specific purpose, so we also need to raise money for things which are not covered by grants. We have a fundraising group, but also welcome any suggestions such as involvement in fun runs which can help us raise money.
Become a member
Anyone over 60 who lives in the MAECare area is invited to pay a subscription to support MAECare. It also means that Outings and Activities are cheaper.
Volunteers are vital to the work of MAECare and much of the work we do depends on volunteers. As long as you are over 18 you can volunteer at MAECare. We have lots of ways you can help from giving lifts helping on trips, to friendly visiting and IT support.
For full details on all our roles and how to apply, please visit our volunteer page: here
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- We are looking for volunteers to talk about sport. Our new Sporting Memories Group Starts on 25th Nov online for no… https://t.co/8yRpB5K6NY
- RT Leeds OP Forum @LeedsOPF: This week we’re continuing to recruit new distributors for Shine, could this be you? The Christmas edition will be… https://t.co/ie2U66S6qs
- Our NEW Sporting Memories Club starts on Wednesday. Join us to chat and remember sport. #TalkAboutSport For more in… https://t.co/ty4ptwSfs3