All of our intergenerational work remains suspended for the time being.
- MAECare works with local schools in lots of different ways. Two regular ways are by Allerton High School organising a Christmas Party and a summer Strawberry Tea.
- We also have opportunities for older people to be pen pals.
Would you like to ensure that the art of letter writing is kept alive, encourage children in their written skills, then we have opportunities for older people to be pen pals in partnership with one of our local primary schools.
- We also have interest from students at Leeds University who want to find out more about the lives of older people and who would like to experience the pleasure of writing and receiving letters.
- We involve students with our tablet computer project. Their role will be to support older people around the use of tablet computers, showing them how to use Skype, the internet and other social media.
- We have a gardening project working in partnership with students at Allerton High School
Get in touch with the office to find out more
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Tel: 0113 266 0371
E-mail: [email protected]
57 Cranmer Bank,
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- RT Andrew Birkbeck @andybirkbeck: So please help with keep #Leeds out of lockdown by sharing far and wide this simple guidance for staying healthy. T… https://t.co/BlimvqZhFt
- RT Department of Health and Social Care @DHSCgovuk: England is expected to experience high temperatures over the next few days ☀️ During heatwaves, it is vital to kno… https://t.co/mMOVe9tK0x
- RT wy trading standards @wytradstandards: Stay #ScamAware and help protect those you love @NTSscamsteam @CTSI_UK @cea_ctsi https://t.co/EkxUR6rISV