Keeping Mind and Body Healthy
People often talk very openly about how they feel physically, but sometimes we hesitate to share how we’re doing emotionally. Knowing that both sides are very important for overall health, MAECare’s Mind and Body Project encourages people to take care of themselves and seek support when they need it. Our current activities are shown below.
- EXTEND this is adapted gentle exercise to music, which can be done standing or sitting. There are 2 sessions during the week.
- Mondays 11:00am-12:30pm and 1:20pm – 2:50pm at Moortown Baptist church £2.50 a session for members
- Chair based Exercise Offering gentle exercise and stretching to music
Every Wednesday (term time) 1.00-2.30pm at St Pauls Church
- Yoga – this is Dru Yoga adapted for older people with a strong meditative element. Term times on a Friday 10:00am -11:00 am at St Paul’s Church Hall, Buckstone Crescent (off King Lane)
- Swimming at David Lloyd Centre. Term times Wednesday 2.00pm Get in touch with Rhonda for more information
- Zumba Gold is on Wednesdays at St Paul’s Church Hall at 10am and Thursdays at St Stephen’s Church Hall at 10.00 am.
- Walking Group (Social Strollers) The walking group meets twice a month in Summer to walk around local beauty spots. Contact Julie at the office for more details.
- Methods for Relaxation Stress or worry getting you down? MAECare has lots of ways to unwind while also meeting new friends.
- Mindfulnes Mindfulness is an approach which aims to relax the mind and body by focussing on the present moment. Tuesdays at 10am
- Knitting A fun and friendly therapeutic group. We can teach if you want to learn and we have plenty of materials to get you started! Thursdays 2pm, 57a.
- Massage Low-cost massage treatments, twice a month. Tue/Fri afternoons, 57a.
- A listening ear It sometimes just helps to have someone to talk to. If you ever want any one-on-one support from a friendly staff member or volunteer, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Tai Chi Monday mornings 11.00 -12.00 St Paul’s Church Hall.
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- Do you have some spare time on your hands? Would you like to help older people in the community? We have lots of v… https://t.co/cX4MS2s8ht
- You can’t beat a good book! Our reader’s group meet every 4th Monday of the month. This month we will be discussing… https://t.co/E4J5kovmMd
- RT SS Dance & Wellbeing @SS_Wellbeing: Dancing at 1pm with @OlderPeopleLS17 – part of the Over 50’s Health Initiative! Open to new participants who can co… https://t.co/3tbhU3Ori2