Keeping Mind and Body Healthy
Our current activities are shown below.
- EXTEND this is adapted gentle exercise to music, which can be done standing or sitting. Mondays 11 – 12.30 or 1.20 – 2.50 at Moortown Baptist Church
- Chair based Exercise Offering gentle exercise and stretching to music. Thursdays 12.30 – 1.30 at St Stephens Church Hall
- Tai Chi Mondays 11-12 at Moortown Methodist Centre
- Dance On are fun, accessible dance sessions designed for older people. No previous dance experience is required and a qualified dance tutor from Yorkshire Dance runs the sessions. Dancing can improve mobility, prevent falls, and enhance mental wellbeing and brain function. The classes are weekly on a Tuesday from 1.30-2.30pm at Moortown Methodist Centre.
- MAECare Extra Timers From the 1st of November our twice-weekly walking football sessions will take place indoors.
Every Monday at Allerton Grange School, Talbot Avenue, Moortown, Leeds LS17 6SF. From 6:30 pm to 8 pm
Every Thursday at Scott Hall Sports Centre, Scott Hall Road, Leeds LS7 3DT. From 2 pm to 3 pm .
There is no joining fee. The cost is simply £5 pay and play
An individual registration form needs to be completed before you can attend either session. INTERESTED? For more information please contact David Wynick – Tel 07921 528 499 or email [email protected]
- Click HERE for a short video about the Extra Timers.
- And here is a link to a recent Yorkshire Post article: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/people/moor-allerton-elderly-care-walking-football-team-volunteer-coach-keepsup-spirits-of-players-3180792
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- If you would like to know more, please call. #cold #warm #winter @LeedsOPF @TTSLeeds @DigiLeeds @leedslibraries… https://t.co/hCyap2csr4
- Well I didn’t know that. So much undiscovered in our world. Have you ever been diving in the oceans? Imagine divin… https://t.co/SC7tk7gbY1
- RT Online Centres Network @Online_Centres: 🚨 Applications for Connect Up funding are now open. ⭐️ The Connect Up programme is a networked approach to reduci… https://t.co/GDuhpBiTJt