Keeping Mind and Body Healthy
Our current activities are shown below.
- EXTEND this is adapted gentle exercise to music, which can be done standing or sitting. Fridays 1.30 – 2.30 at St Stephen’s Church Hall
- Chair based Exercise Offering gentle exercise and stretching to music. Thursdays 12.30 – 1.30 at St Stephens Church Hall
- Tai Chi Mondays 11-12 at St Stephen’s Church Hall
- Dance On are fun, accessible dance sessions designed for older people. No previous dance experience is required and a qualified dance tutor from Yorkshire Dance runs the sessions. Dancing can improve mobility, prevent falls, and enhance mental wellbeing and brain function. The classes are weekly on a Tuesday from 1.30-2.30pm at St Stephens Church Hall.
Please note that from September the venues may change. For more information contact Mary.
- MAECare Extra Timers Walking Football meet three times a week: Monday evenings, 6.15 – 7pm and Sunday mornings, 10.45 am – 12 noon at Alwoodley Primary School and Thursday afternoons, 2-3pm at the YMCA on Otley Road.
- Click HERE for a short video about the Extra Timers.
- And here is a link to a recent Yorkshire Post article: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/people/moor-allerton-elderly-care-walking-football-team-volunteer-coach-keepsup-spirits-of-players-3180792
- For more information contact Volunteer coach, David Wynick on 07921 528 499
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Tel: 0113 266 0371
E-mail: [email protected]
57 Cranmer Bank,
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- September is Alzheimer Awareness Month and MAECare supports World Alzheimers Day 2021. We offer support and social… https://t.co/YHctR8sdGP
- This months book is : The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim. If you would like to find out more please call 01… https://t.co/ZY2GREe0Bl
- Every Wednesday 1:30 -3:00pm MAECare offers IT Support. Sessions need to be booked in advance and will be themed bu… https://t.co/6gVQUu87tI