Julia Edmunds, Manager
- I joined MAECare in July 2018. As Manager my role is to oversee the smooth running of the organisation and lead the staff team in the delivery of services to older people in the area. In addition to coordinating day to day services, I am also responsible for staffing, fundraising, monitoring, liaising with Trustees and overseeing governance, developing policy, procedures and strategy, networking and partnerships.
Julie Morrison, Casework and Advocacy
- I joined MAECare in October 2027 to coordinate the Mind and Body Project. In July to took on the role of Casework and Advocacy. I follow up all new referrals; help service users who have problems such as claiming benefit, or sorting out housing problems; and oversee the befriending service.
Rebecca Matthews, Project Worker (Dementia Support)
- I joined MAECare in May 2018. I co-ordinate the Circles of Support project 2 days a week, supporting people living with dementia to stay active, well and connected to the things that are important to them. I run the Sunny Hearts group on a Tuesday morning which uses a Cognitive Stimulation Therapy approach to help people’s minds stay active and stimulated, as well as encouraging social interaction and having fun! Before I joined MAECare I was a volunteer supporting people living with dementia, and my background is working in the public sector (NHS and Civil Service). I enjoy singing in the Leeds LGBT choir, gardening and playing and watching tennis.
Caroline Wright, Administration
- I joined MAECare in January 2019 and I am responsible for running the office, supporting and organising the work of the office volunteers, producing the quarterly Newsletter, updating the website, and other admin support as required. I retired from my job as a production planner at the end of 2014, and since then I have been volunteering for Age UK Leeds in Information and Advice, and for the Dementia Friendly Leeds project, providing admin support and producing their e-newsletter. In my personal life, I enjoy reading, cycling, walking, birdwatching and nature in general. I also volunteer on the committee of the Leeds RSPB Group.
Mary Baillie, Activities Coordinator
- I joined MAECare in January 2020 on the Making a Match Project. In August I took on the role of Activities Coordinator. I organise the exercise classes, run some small support groups which support people’s mental wellbeing, and lead the walking group.
Carole Smith (Dementia support)
- I joined MAEcare in December 2019. I run the fortnightly Active Thursdays group for people who are living with memory loss and dementia. The group involves activities which are designed to help people keep their minds active and engaged, and also support social connections and having fun together. I am keen to build on people’s strengths and interests and offer activities which are meaningful to them, whilst also introducing new, gentle challenges. Previously, I volunteered in a group supporting people with dementia, and I have worked with older people in various settings for a long time (my background is in Occupational Therapy). In my spare time I enjoy being with my family and friends, going to live music performances and being part of a local church, where I also have a part-time role as a Seniors Worker.
Baksh Kandola (Volunteer Coordinator)
- I joined MAECare as a volunteer in November 2019 and have recently been appointed as the Volunteer Coordinator. I coordinate recruitment and induction of new volunteers, support and develop volunteers to get enjoyment from volunteering, and expansion of the MAECare team through new volunteers with an increasing sense of community. I enjoy meeting new people and being part of a team. In my free time I love spending time with my 3 grandsons mostly, and like to keep fit mainly through swimming, walking and then eating out!
Anna Marie Garbutt, Project Worker (Digital Inclusion)
- Hello, my name is Anna-Marie Garbutt. I am the Digital Inclusion Project Worker here at MAECare. I’m here to help with IT support. If you need help to get online, set up and email or order prescriptions, get in touch. I will be helping to get more of the MAECare activities online as well. There are lots of fun things to do and learn online that will help you stay connected. To find out more give me a ring. I look forward to chatting and meeting you all soon.
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Tel: 0113 266 0371
E-mail: [email protected]
57 Cranmer Bank,
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- #Winterwatch. It’s not cold everywhere in the world, you can watch live animal cams from around the globe. Click on… https://t.co/MtoAvU7Pow
- The Walking Football we offer @OlderPeopleLS17 is very popular with almost 60 people enjoying the sessions each wee… https://t.co/1UAQTkVzs8
- RT Sarah Wilson @MentalHealthDev: Highly recommend this, brilliant workshop with excellent trainers! https://t.co/Tzx0JJ42p4