Julia Edmunds, Manager
- I am delighted to be joining MAECare in July as Project Manager. I have a passion for social justice and have worked in the voluntary sector for nearly 20 years – for organisations like Mediation Leeds Refugee Action and Bradford Law Centre. For the last 6 – 7 years I’ve worked with older people. I was the Director of Operations at Age UK Leeds, managing their community based charitable services and more recently for Leeds Older People’s Forum on the Time to Shine Programme, with its focus on social isolation and loneliness – something that is dear to my heart. I want to see older people at the heart of what we do, every individual’s contribution valued, their strengths recognised, their voices heard so that we are working together to ensure older people age well.
In my personal life, as well as reading and cooking, I enjoy being outdoors, whether it’s gardening, cycling or walking. I’ve just returned from a holiday in northern Spain, cycling from the beautiful mountains in the Picos de Europa to the sea. You may even catch me cycling to work!
Maria Nalty, Activities and Social Inclusion
- My role as a project worker at MAECare involves offering activities and events specifically designed for people who need a bit of extra support and encouragement to get out and about. I’ve always enjoyed being ‘crafty’ and dreaming up interesting things to do, so it’s great that my work gives me plenty of opportunity to be creative!
Rhonda Ward, Project Worker (Advocacy and Case Work)
- I joined MAE care in October 2015. I coordinate new referrals, carry out one to one support and make home visits as well as organising volunteers to be friendly visitors. I am responsible for our Winter Warmth programme. I enjoy keeping fit, days out and spending time with family and friends.
Karen Listrum, Project Support Assistant
- I am responsible for organising the bus transport for all our activities as well as reminding people when they are going to get picked up. I support Lisa with any administration work and answer the phone . Basically I do anything that needs doing. I was an unpaid carer for a long time caring for my husband and I have also been a paid care worker. I came to MAECare on a work placement and now am a member of the staff team. In my spare time I like spending time with my dog Honey and my two grandchildren Jayden and Evie. Not much time to do anything else, as dogs and children take up a lot of time.
Julie Morrison, Mind and Body Coordinator
- I joined MAECare in Ocotber 2017. I coordinate the Mind and Body project. Providing a wide range of activities and one to one support to promote the health and mental wellbeing of our members. The project offers a wide range of activities from walking and knitting group Zumba, meditation and days out.
Lisa Wilson, Making a Match
- I joined MAECare in June 2018 and work on the Making a Match project with Janet This is an exciting and innovative project to match socially isolated older people with like-minded people to develop their social networks and reduce their isolation. This new project aims to involve new and existing service users and volunteers mainly residing within the Leeds postcode areas of LS16 and LS17. The project is delivered via a partnership between MAECare and OPAL (Older People’s Action in the Locality). Outside of work I enjoy county walks with my family and 2 dogs. I also participate in a local clay pigeon shooting club, and relax by reading short stories.
Janet Onslow, Making a Match
- I joined MAECare in June 2018 and work on the Making a Match project with Lisa This is an exciting and innovative project to match socially isolated older people with like-minded people to develop their social networks and reduce their isolation. This new project aims to involve new and existing service users and volunteers mainly residing within the Leeds postcode areas of LS16 and LS17. The project is delivered via a partnership between MAECare and OPAL (Older People’s Action in the Locality). Outside of work I enjoy Walking, Netball and DIY and am involved in an organisation which turns empty properties into homes for people in housing need.
Rebecca Matthews, Project Worker (Circles of Support and Sunny Hearts Group)
- I joined MAECare in May 2018. I co-ordinate the Circles of Support project 2 days a week, supporting people living with dementia to stay active, well and connected to the things that are important to them. I run the Sunny Hearts group on a Tuesday morning which uses a Cognitive Stimulation Therapy approach to help people’s minds stay active and stimulated, as well as encouraging social interaction and having fun! Before I joined MAECare I was a volunteer supporting people living with dementia, and my background is working in the public sector (NHS and Civil Service). I enjoy singing in the Leeds LGBT choir, gardening and playing and watching tennis.
Caroline Wright, Administration
- I have just joined MAECare in January 2018 and I am responsible for running the office, supporting and organising the work of the office volunteers, producing the Newsletter, updating the website and social media, and other admin support as required. I retired from my job as a production planner at the end of 2014, and since then I have been volunteering for Age UK Leeds in Information and Advice, and for the Dementia Friendly Leeds project, providing admin support and producing their e-newsletter. In my personal life, I enjoy reading, cycling, walking, birdwatching and nature in general. I also volunteer on the committee of the Leeds RSPB Group.
VickyTaylor, Digital Inclusion
- I am excited to be joining MAECare in the role of Project Worker for Digital Inclusion. This is my first role in the voluntary sector; I have previously worked in education and social inclusion roles across the city for Leeds City Council. I have a varied set of interests outside of work but am particularly interested in the arts including things like; literature, history, cinema, music, and writing. I also spend a lot of time walking my dog who is a Newfoundland, as well as volunteering for an animal charity doing fundraising events. I am looking forward to meeting some of our members and helping them to access digital services to increase digital inclusion.
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- This is Nadia one of our service users. Nadia is 84 and originally from Italy. She has borrowed one of the iPads le… https://t.co/eEmy0DtiTd
- RT Leeds OP Forum @LeedsOPF: Let’s burst the age bubble – and bring the generations together https://t.co/mxJ1lVvP7d
- Thank you to @CarersLeeds @beatdementia @LypftResearch @leedsdaa @LeedsOPF @alzheimerssoc for attending our… https://t.co/l8uPc4bzPB