Julia Edmunds, Manager
- I joined MAECare in July 2018. As Manager my role is to oversee the smooth running of the organisation and lead the staff team in the delivery of services to older people in the area. In addition to coordinating day to day services, I am also responsible for staffing, fundraising, monitoring, liaising with Trustees and overseeing governance, developing policy, procedures and strategy, networking and partnerships.
Julie Morrison, Casework and Advocacy
- I joined MAECare in October 2027 to coordinate the Mind and Body Project. In July to took on the role of Casework and Advocacy. I follow up all new referrals; help service users who have problems such as claiming benefit, or sorting out housing problems; and oversee the befriending service.
Caroline Wright, Administration
- I joined MAECare in January 2019 and I am responsible for running the office, supporting and organising the work of the office volunteers, producing the quarterly Newsletter, updating the website, and other admin support as required. I retired from my job as a production planner at the end of 2014, and since then I have been volunteering for Age UK Leeds in Information and Advice, and for the Dementia Friendly Leeds project, providing admin support and producing their e-newsletter. In my personal life, I enjoy reading, cycling, walking, birdwatching and nature in general. I also volunteer on the committee of the Leeds RSPB Group.
Mary Baillie, Activities Coordinator
- I am the Activities coordinator at MAECare.
I run and facilitate the following groups – Men’s Den, Cameo, Twilight Zone, Monday Matinee, and local trips. The aim of my role is to enable older people to come together for activities and social engagement and reduce isolation and promote social inclusion. Thus is beneficial to peoples well being.
Carole Smith, Dementia support
- I joined MAEcare in December 2019. I run the fortnightly Active Thursdays group for people who are living with memory loss and dementia. The group involves activities which are designed to help people keep their minds active and engaged, and also support social connections and having fun together. I am keen to build on people’s strengths and interests and offer activities which are meaningful to them, whilst also introducing new, gentle challenges. Previously, I volunteered in a group supporting people with dementia, and I have worked with older people in various settings for a long time (my background is in Occupational Therapy). In my spare time I enjoy being with my family and friends, going to live music performances and being part of a local church, where I also have a part-time role as a Seniors Worker.
Baksh Kandola, Volunteer Coordinator
- I joined MAECare as a volunteer in November 2019 and have recently been appointed as the Volunteer Coordinator. I coordinate recruitment and induction of new volunteers, support and develop volunteers to get enjoyment from volunteering, and expansion of the MAECare team through new volunteers with an increasing sense of community. I enjoy meeting new people and being part of a team. In my free time I love spending time with my 3 grandsons mostly, and like to keep fit mainly through swimming, walking and then eating out!
Anna Marie Garbutt, Project Worker (Digital Inclusion)
- Hello, my name is Anna-Marie Garbutt. I am the Digital Inclusion Project Worker here at MAECare. I’m here to help with IT support. If you need help to get online, set up and email or order prescriptions, get in touch. I will be helping to get more of the MAECare activities online as well. There are lots of fun things to do and learn online that will help you stay connected. To find out more give me a ring. I look forward to chatting and meeting you all soon.
Trevor Bush, Finance Officer
- I joined MAECare in February 2022, and am responsible for doing the day to day finances. This includes paying any invoices, preparing accounts and working with the trustees to help them manage the charity.I spent most of my career in Financial Services, doing a wide variety of finance jobs, and in recent years worked in the insurance industry.
When I’m not at work, I enjoy playing the guitar, keeping fit and walking in the Yorkshire Dales.
Beccy Marsden, Health and Wellbeing Project Worker
- I joined MAECare at the start of March 2022, although I carried out massage treatments on Fridays here for several years before lockdown! I am the new Health and Wellbeing Project Worker, and will be organising the exercise classes, and running some groups such as Knit and Natter and the walking group. I am hoping to develop new groups in the future.
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Tel: 0113 266 0371
E-mail: [email protected]
57 Cranmer Bank,
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- Scarborough on our wonderful Yorkshire coast, will you be having a trip out there soon… perhaps you are looking a… https://t.co/HXVTqs6Kgq
- https://t.co/debpRTLr39 This looks interesting and as the tag line states #WeAreAllAgeing #ageing If you are off t… https://t.co/ila1q6S57P
- RT Holbeck Together @HolbeckTogether: ☀️ Our Charity Shop is having a summer sale! ☀️ Everything with a red dot on the label is half-price and there are… https://t.co/0DkgnFusji