MAECare (Moor Allerton Elderly Care) was formed in 1995 by Churches Together in Moor Allerton and Shadwell. In 2008 we became independent although we still maintain strong links with local churches.
Our goals are:
- To improve the quality of life for local older people who are over 60 regardless of religion, belief, race, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
- To act as a link to existing services and seek to address unmet needs.
- To treat each older person as an individual with the right to make his/her own choices and be as independent as possible.
- To accept and value each individual older person, volunteer and employee.
Here is a short video about MAECare:
Where do we work
MAECare supports people over 60 in the Leeds 17 area; Moor Allerton, Alwoodley, Shadwell and North Moortown area of Leeds (Click here for a map). If you don’t live within the boundaries of our area, you can get in touch with one of the other neighbourhood networks.
You can find out more about our work in our Annual Report.
Previous annual report here.
MAECare We will not tolerate the abuse of adults at risk in any form. Our policy has been developed to be consistent with the Safeguarding Adults Multi-Agency Policy and Procedures for West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire and York. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy is here
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- RT Cross Gates & District Good Neighbours’ Scheme CIO @CrossGatesGNS: We launched our first Virtual Book Group today with 14 Members we chose @richardosman “Thursday Murder Club” The gr… https://t.co/04DOxmtsOj
- RT Cllr Sharon Hamilton @monoanton: Wish you could have an incredible day? Pretend that you already are! With the power of the right outlook good thing… https://t.co/B9kDEQ7Kbl
- Well done 👏 https://t.co/l5fR2IqQwT