Technology TutorJuly 16, 2019
Role: Technology Tutor
Responsibilities to: Project Worker for Digital Inclusion
Time commitment: Minimum 6 months commitment. Visits can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Location: Community based or office based
What is the role?
We need volunteers who have a range of skills and experience using technology such as tablets, computers, laptops and smartphones in either android or apple. Volunteers need to be confident and should have the skills required to pass on their knowledge and expertise to older people.
The volunteers will be helping an older person one to one with things such as:
- the basic use of a tablet, computer, smartphone or laptop
- the basic use of the internet
- the use of email
- the use of Skype, Facebook and other social media
- how to set up and manage their phone/tablet and the use of apps
Your role will include:
- Providing tutoring sessions on a one to one basis either in the office, in the community or the clients own home, on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis.
- Supporting the person to learn the basic use of technology.
- Being patient and adapting learning to the persons own pace.
- Reporting any areas of concerns to the Project Worker and adhere to MAECare safeguarding policy and procedures.
- To keep an accurate note of all sessions on the Volunteer Hours Record Form and submit these at least quarterly to the Project Worker.
- To keep in regular contact with Project Worker and provide informal feedback.
- Complete MAECare volunteer training and be aware of and work within MAECare policies.
- To have MAECare ID on person when visiting.
Benefits & support for MAECare:
- Full induction training provided including safeguarding and dementia awareness.
- DBS check provided (if required)
- ID badge provided to wear whilst volunteering.
- Expenses for travel and other agreed sundries.
- A contact member of staff.
- Regular contact with the charity and dedicated volunteer social events.
- We can offer references to long-standing volunteers that have not breached our policies or code of conduct.
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- We’ve been getting into the #Christmas spirit today by making our own Christmas card prints. Can anyone remember ma… https://t.co/qLF3IpsFwf
- A poem about #ageing from one of our members of the #creativewriting group Let’s share and retweet and start talki… https://t.co/8xQ6UCFQQA
- RT The Tower of London @TowerOfLondon: They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the goin… https://t.co/lZsW9Bon7F