Technology TutorJuly 16, 2019
Role: Technology Tutor
Responsibilities to: Project Worker for Digital Inclusion
Time commitment: Minimum 6 months commitment, weekly home visits
Location: Community based.
What is the role?
We need volunteers who have a range of skills and experience using technology such as tablets, computers, laptops and smartphones in either android or apple. Volunteers need to be confident and should have the skills required to pass on their knowledge and expertise to older people.
The volunteers will be helping an older person one to one with things such as:
- the basic use of a tablet, computer, smartphone or laptop
- the basic use of the internet
- the use of email
- the use of Skype, Facebook and other social media
- how to set up and manage their phone/tablet and the use of apps
Your role will include:
- Providing tutoring sessions on a one to one basis in clients own home, on a weekly basis.
- Supporting the person to learn the basic use of technology.
- Being patient and adapting learning to the persons own pace.
- Reporting any areas of concerns to the Project Worker and adhere to MAECare safeguarding policy and procedures.
- To keep an accurate record of all sessions on the Volunteer Hours Record Form and submit these at least quarterly to the Project Worker.
- To keep in regular contact with Project Worker and provide informal feedback.
- Complete MAECare volunteer training and be aware of and work within MAECare policies.
- To have MAECare ID on person when visiting.
Benefits & support for MAECare:
- Full induction training provided including safeguarding and dementia awareness.
- DBS check provided
- ID badge provided to wear whilst volunteering.
- Expenses for travel and other agreed sundries.
- A contact member of staff.
- Regular contact with the charity and dedicated volunteer social events.
- We can offer references to long-standing volunteers that have not breached our policies or code of conduct.
If you need advice or would like further information not available on our website then don't hesitate to contact us:
Leeds, LS17 5JD
Latest TweetsFollow us on Twitter!
- We’re at the lord Darcy pub tonight having a volunteer get together. Bring on the shuffleboard! https://t.co/gvT9o0KYZg
- RT Leeds Volunteering @LeedsVolunteer: Want to make a difference to the life of an older person? MAECare @OlderPeopleLS17 are looking for technology tutor… https://t.co/U3gg5h609k
- A huge congratulations to our member Trude for a much deserved recognition of her tireless hard work with the Holoc… https://t.co/UGEo89JwP6